Operate paint spray equipment to apply coating of primer and paint onto steel products including piece parts and weldments. Spraying completed products presented on paint cart or on stands. Prepare products for paint including hanging, surface preparation, and cleaning. Complete material handling tasks including offloading, palletizing, and transporting products. Mix primer and paint and complete quality checks to produce desired application. Complete preventative maintenance tasks on spray equipment.
- Prepare components for paint including application of masking tape or plugs.
- Prepare surface of components prior to being painted including cleaning with solvent, sandpaper/abrasives, wire brush or sandblast.
- Operate and maintain paint spray equipment. Adjust equipment to achieve desired spray.
- Load work pieces on paint carts. Move material to and from work area.
- Perform quality assurance testing including viscosity and mil thickness.
- Perform regular maintenance and repair on painting equipment.
- Clean spraying equipment and paint booth area.
- Maintain OSHA standards for Hazardous Materials.
- Required to operate forklift and overhead hoists.
- Accurately record work order information and inventory transactions.
- Work with purchasing department for supply ordering. Maintain inventory of supplies.